Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 28 - Embassy Appointment

Well the Embassy appointment went well. One of the interviewers actually use to line in Gilbert near where we live. What are the odds. There are 2 interviews of which the first takes about 3 minutes and the second about 10 minutes. Emily will be a US citizen once we go through immigration in Houston on Thursday. I go to pick up her visa and passport tomorrow at 3:30 PM.

Anyway, Emily is with us and Lily went home. That was somewhat emotional as we expected. Emily was ok for about an hour or so and then the first meltdown hit. She is scared and confused and I can't imagine what is going through her head. Thankfully we brought a stroller that Anne got a few weeks ago and she really likes to ride in it. I pushed her around for a while until she fell asleep and slept for about 45 minutes I guess. She was ok for another hour or so and then meltdown #2. Anne is strolling around right now as Emily fell asleep again. I hope there are no more and if there are, they are milder. I guess the stroller will come in handy at the Houston airport as we have a 5 hour layover. We are going to attempt to have some dinner as soon as Emily wakes up. Please continue to pray for peace and wisdom. Thank you all and God bless you.

Russell

2 comments:

Trina said...

Yipee...I am so happy for you all. Can't wait to get together once Emily has adjusted. I recommend the zoo if you are looking for something to do.

The Kempiak Party of Five said...

This is so cool. I can't wait to meet Emily and see you all together as one family. What an answer to prayer!

I passed your blog information over to a gal from Finley Farms that adopted 2 great kids from Guadamala (sp) too. Her name is Christina H. I pray that she can be an encourager as you embark on this new journey.

My love to you all!